sportswn.com

Aaron Hernandez Murder Update: Associate Carlos Ortiz Tells Police Ex-Patriot Hid Guns In Basement After Odin Lloyd Killing

By by Glenn Minnis
on Aug 02, 2013 10:06 PM EDT
Aaron Hernandez
Former New England Patriots TE Aaron Hernandez. (Photo : Reuters)

The man believed to have turned state’s evidence against Aaron Hernandez in the ongoing murder probe where he has been charged with first-degree murder has now told police the former New England Patriots tight end hid a whole cache of weapons in his basement on the night Odin Lloyd was killed, according to FoxNews.com

Like Us on Facebook

New court records allege Hernandez concealed the weapons in a box after he returned from the industrial park where Lloyd’s bullet-ridden body was later found. An affidavit released by Attleboro District Court says Carlos Ortiz told investigators Hernandez put the firearms in a black box after he hurriedly returned home, during which time Ortiz also alleged Hernandez was carrying a "large handgun," the website reported.

Hernandez has pleaded not guilty to murder in the death of Lloyd, a 27-year-old Boston semi-professional football player whose body was found June 17 near Hernandez's North Attleborough, Mass., home. Authorities believe Lloyd was killed with a .45-caliber Glock, which hasn't been recovered and they have been searching for over the least several days in a pond near Hernandez’s home.

The Patriots have severed all ties with Hernandez in the wake of the charges and team management has since sought to void all the remaining salary owed to him on the $40 million contract he signed shortly before charges against him were lodged.

 



Get the Most Popular SportsWorldNews Stories in a Weekly Newsletter
© 2014 Sportsworldnews.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.
Featured Video : Pep Guardiola discusses his team's performance in the knockout stages so far
STAR GALLERIES
editor's picks